Two Major Hawach Products Used In QuEChERS Method
If you are looking for a Quick, Easy, Cheap, Effective, Rugged, and Safe sample preparation technique, let’s start with QuEChERS. Developed and published by US scientists in 2003, QuEChERS was originally designed for the analysis of fruits and vegetables. Now, it can take practice on lots of agricultural products, such as animal products, milk, honey, food products, cereals, and grain products.
What is QuEChERS?
It is a pretreatment method in pesticide residue detection, which has the characteristics of Quick、Easy、Cheap、Effective、Rugged、Safe; it is the standard method for pesticide residue detection recognized by developed countries, say the AOAC 2007.01 (analysis of national standards for pesticide residues in the United States) Method, and EN 15662 (European legal standard analytical method).
Extraction and purification kit
The Hawach kit is designed to make the QuEChERS method faster, including QuEChERS extraction kits and purification kits. The extraction kit includes a salt pack and a 50ml centrifuge tube. For laboratories that prepare their own tubes, Hawach also provides bulk salts and adsorbents. The purification kit is directly adsorbed in a centrifuge tube, including 2ml and 15ml two specifications.
Hawash’s kits are suitable for: common fruits and vegetables, fruits and vegetables containing fats and waxes, and colored fruits and vegetables. Its products are manufactured under strict IS0-9001 standards and include a wide selection of polymers, silica gels and other adsorbents ranging from small columns of various sizes to orifice plates. Hawach also offers a full line of multi-tube vacuum systems and accessories.
The dispersed solid-phase extraction kit is selected according to the type of food analyzed and the method used. In this step, the extracted sample is added in equal amounts to a 2 ml or 15 ml centrifuge tube. The centrifuge tube contains a small amount of solid-phase extraction adsorbent and MgS04. The adsorbent will remove interfering substances from the sample, and MgS04 will remove excess water and increase sample distribution.
QuEChERS includes three basic steps, liquid micro-extraction, solid-phase clean-up, and LC/MS/MS or GC/MS analysis。Better then the older, tedious extraction methods, QuEChERS extends the range of analytes by combining several sample preparation steps together. QuEChERS is widely used for sample extraction and clean-up. It can help to detect pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, antibiotics, and other compounds throughout the food supply in our daily life as well.
Hawach products used in QuEChERS method
Hawach products are used in the QuEChERS method, including the extraction kit, the purification kit, and the combination of the two, bulk adsorbent and ceramic protons.
1. The extraction kit includes a salt pack and a 50 ml centrifuge tube whose function is to extract pesticide residues from plants and the like.
2. The purification kit is directly packed in the centrifuge tube, including 2ml and 15ml specifications. The function of the purification kit is to remove the impurities by the adsorption of the purification tube.
3. There is also a type of product that combines the extraction kit and purification kit, which means the customer can start a whole set of experiments the moment they receive it.
4. The loose-packed adsorbent in the purification kit is made for customers who only need adsorbent.
5. Ceramic protons are put in an extraction kit or purification kit, to make the sample and solution even when shaking the kit.